Unsw Student Accommodation
UNSW Student Accommodation
LIFE AT NEW COLLEGE
New College provides the opportunity to be fully involved in the university student experience. New College strives to enrich the lives of students through its intellectual, social and cultural activities.
Founded on Christian faith and values, the College warmly welcomes students of all faiths or none, from every culture and background, from all around the globe. While being based on and influenced by Christian faith and values, the College imposes no test of religious belief for its resident members.
New College encourages its residents to engage more broadly with society and to be effective leaders and contributors to society. Such a vision is different from that which exists at many university colleges around Australia. To ensure a smooth transition to university life, New College offers:
- Breakfast and twice-daily hot meals in buffet style, seven days a week (21 meals a week), with vegetarian options
- A unique system of group common rooms that enables students to meet and mingle in a relaxed social environment
- Rooms with Ethernet Internet connection plus a highspeed wireless network throughout the building.
- Weekly College laundering services for linen and access to shared laundry facilities for the laundering of personal items
- Individual room heating
- Computer, music, games, library, meeting and television rooms for student use
In addition to a wonderful sense of community and all these services, New College was completely refurbished over the 2011/2012 Summer Holidays.
For those seeking more independent living, our sister college New College Village (NCV) provides undergraduate and postgraduate accommodation with self-catered and partially-catered options.
The College enjoys an outstanding academic profile with around 45% of students achieving a Distinction average or higher each year. The College has had 4 Rhodes Scholars and over 60 University Medallists in its 50 year history, and residents have won many other significant awards and scholarships.
New College nurtures academic success by providing:
- Seven Resident Advisers and eleven Academic Tutors who are available for pastoral care, personal and academic support
- A Master, Dean and Assistant Dean who support and lead the College community
- Multiple Meeting Rooms for individual and group study
New College is a friendly, caring community where students experience a sense of belonging and connectedness during their time at university. Based on the Oxbridge model of College life, the College encourages the development of the whole person, intellectually, socially and spiritually. New College provides ongoing support to students through a system of academic and pastoral care, and an array of academic, sporting, social and cultural activities. The College is a special place that has been home to countless gifted individuals who are proud to call themselves New College alumni. The College actively supports a global alumni network of former College members who continue to enrich each others’ lives, contribute to the College and make a contribution to the society at large.