The step from home into student accommodation at UNSW can be a big one. Learning to deal with new-found independence, a rigorous study load, making new friends and ensuring that work, social life, health and study are kept in balance can be difficult.
Catered accommodation at Sydney’s New College can help cushion the transition into independent living. With three meals a day provided as part of college fees, meals, snacks and drinks are also available from the College café.
Mealtimes provide an opportunity to enhance the ‘big family’ feel of living in New College accommodation at UNSW.
Choice, Convenience and Community
There are many benefits to having catered accommodation at New College:
- Socialise with other students in main dining room or upstairs courtyard
- Vegetarian option always available
- Packed lunches can be arranged for students unable to attend dining room lunch
- Convenient, saves time and mitigates need for supermarket shopping
- Food always available from café between 10:30am and 9:30pm
- Common room kitchenettes allow residents to make own coffee, drinks and snacks
All meals are prepared by catered accommodation specialist Scholarest , the educational services division of the Compass Group. Professional and highly trained, the team of 15 staff members create meals designed to be enjoyed whilst maximising the health and wellbeing of students.
A full kitchen is also available for students to prepare their own meals as desired.
Apartment-style accommodation for UNSW postgraduate students is also available at New College Village , providing a community focus with a greater level of independence.