Bible Society Young Scholars
The purpose of the Bible Society Young Scholars program is to promote Christian scholarship amongst those living at New College and NCV while they study at UNSW, Australia.
Each scholarship is for an initial period of 1 year. It will include a reduction of $2000 in accommodation fees at New College or NCV, mentoring by New College and Bible Society staff as well as resource and conference support to assist the student to complete agreed research tasks. The scholarship may be extended for subsequent years, subject to ongoing scholar performance and available funding.
Bible Society Young Scholars are expected to engage in Christian scholarship during the calendar year with a scope and topic to be agreed by New College. Candidates may be streamed into programs commensurate to their experience.
Bible Society Young Scholars are expected to contribute actively to College Services, Christian Fellowship activities and Bible studies within the college and to attend a local church of their own choice. They are expected to participate in New College Lectures, CASE conferences and seminars and to represent New College at Bible Society Australia Masterclasses.
- An offer of admission of residency at New College or NCV.
- Acceptance and enrolment in a full-time program at UNSW Australia.
- Demonstrated Christian engagement and commitment to service.
- Demonstrated biblical literacy and Christian understanding.
- A supporting reference from their church pastor or equivalent.
- Potential to contribute to community life.
- Demonstrated community participation outside of church activities.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Demonstrated ability to create original Christian works
How to apply
- Apply for residency at New College or NCV.
- Apply and enroll in a full-time program at UNSW Australia.
- Submit a written application with any supporting documentation to:
New College, UNSW
NSW Sydney 2052
- Applications for the 2017 allocation of this scholarship program close 1st February 2017. However, candidates are advised to apply to the Bible Society Young Scholars program at the time they apply for membership of New College or New College Village. The College reserves the right to grant early scholarship offers. Candidates who receive early round offers for membership of New College and NCV may also receive early notification of the status of their scholarship application.
- Applications should comprise no more than 2 pages. The candidate must address how they meet the selection criteria and suggest potential areas of Christian scholarship for their involvement in the program.
- Please attach a reference from your church pastor, school chaplain or other nominated mentor.
- Short-listed candidates may be invited for a scholarship application face-to-face or phone interview, depending on circumstances.