Similar to any educational institution, the strength of New College is its people and the support they provide in many and varied forms. Our biggest challenges include finding sufficient funds so that New College may:
- Offer scholarships and bursary assistance to make the College more accessible to students experiencing financial difficulty or other special needs.
- Resource its advancement (i.e. renovating existing infrastructure as needed) and ensure its expansion (i.e. creating new communities such as NCV).
- Support the work of CASE and the New College Lectures as they provide a Christian perspective on social, intellectual and academic issues.
Why Support New College?
“Why would a donation to New College be worthwhile when there are poor to feed, ecologies to save, diseases to cure, local clubs, churches and schools to support?”
The answer to the question is that by supporting residents of New College and the community that they live in, you are contributing to the development of future leaders who might address these challenges that we face in our world.
New College is a home-away-from-home to those studying and researching at UNSW as they grow into tomorrow’s leaders, community builders, researchers, carers for the environment and advocates for justice. The community is a place where residents challenge one another to make a difference with their lives. Your support is crucial.
New College, UNSW is a not-for-profit College with tax deductible charitable status. A pool of money, from donations received, is invested to fund scholarships and bursaries. Whether large or small, regular donations allow us to build programs of support for each new generation of collegians.
What can you support?
- The Jared Pritchard Memorial Scholarship
- The Stuart Barton Babbage Postgraduate Fellowship
- Indigenous Scholarships
- The New College Alumni Scholarship
- Scholarships (Unrestricted Fund)
- Bursary Assistance
- The Centre for Apologetic Scholarship & Education
- The New College Lectures
- Other (This might be improvement to student accommodation or funds to support sporting, musical and cultural activities etc)
We encourage you to select a way of supporting New College that reflects your interests, values and commitment to the College.
How can you support?
Monetary donations can be made:
- By phone: (02) 9381 1999
- Email the Alumni & Public Relations Office email@example.com
- Mail a cheque to New College, UNSW |Sydney NSW 2052 | Australia
Donations may be cash towards activities at the College or personal property (books, manuscripts, art, musical instruments or other collectibles) that can be displayed securely in the College on your behalf. All cash donations are tax deductible.
Gifts to New College are fully tax deductible so we encourage you to consider this benefit when planning your giving options.