Fees in 2012
New College will be undergoing significant refurbishment in the Summer recess, from November 2011 to early February 2012.
The renovations will include all rooms and commons rooms being renovated, together with improving the courtyard space and some other common areas.
Residents at New College do not pay weekly rent, but instead an accommodation fee for each semester.
The accommodation fee for 2012 for a resident in a standard room with a shared bathroom is $7,600 per semester (approx. 19 weeks each semester).
The accommodation fee for a room with an ensuite is $8,550 per semester. Only a very limited number of ensuite rooms are available.
These amounts are inclusive of catering.
A PDF of the fees for 2012 can be found here.
(i) Deposit and bond
A deposit of $1,000 is payable upon acceptance of membership into New College.
A bond of $1,000 and registration fee of $200 are charged at the commencement of your time in College. Your bond money is refundable on terminating residence after all obligations to the College have been met. (Vandalism, damage to common property, fines, loss of property and excessive resource use may be charged to the bond)
(ii) Membership period
Membership at New College is usually for the academic year consisting of 2 sessions. Acceptance of membership is a contract for financial responsibility for the whole of this period. Termination of residency is usually at the end of the year and can only be varied with the approval of the Master.
(iii) Invoicing of Fees
Residential fees are invoiced in week 1 of each session for the whole of that session. The $1000 deposit paid prior to the commencement of session will be deducted from the amount owing. The remaining balance is payable before the end of Week 4 of session except where a special agreement has been reached.
No rebate will be provided for temporary absences during each session, unless it is agreed with the Bursar that such absences warrant a reduction in fees. Any application for a rebate must be made in writing to the Bursar.
(iv) Early payment in full
Residents who pay their session fees in full in the first few weeks of semester will be entitled to a 1.5% discount. To arrange this reduction, residents should contact Ms Sue Cheng, in accounts (in person or via firstname.lastname@example.org). Sue will advise you of the amount required to receive the reduction.
Session One –
- Fee Deposit: $1,000 (Payable on acceptance of place at New College)
- Balance: $6,600 (Payable on or by Friday 16 March)
Session Two –
- Fee Deposit: $1,000 (Payable on or by Friday 22 June)
- Balance: $6,600 (Payable on or by Friday 10 August)
Other Fees & Charges
- Registration Fee (New Residents Only): $200
- New College Students’ Association Annual Membership Fee: $160
- O’Week Activity Fee - New Residents’ Rate: $175
- Optional UNSW Gold Gym membership: $260 (Please note membership is optional, places are limited, and the full membership fee is subsidised by New College)
For new residents payments are as follows:
- Fee Deposit*: $1,000
- Bond*^: $1,000
- Total Payment Due upon offer acceptance: $2,000
* Payable on acceptance of place at College; refundable on permanent departure
Terms & Conditions
The fees listed above are based on the following:
- Please note if you are a prospective future resident you are required to submit a non- refundable Admission fee of $35 with your application
- Washing machines and driers cost $1 to use (coin operated).
- Linen is provided on a weekly basis.
- Residents must vacate their rooms and remove all personal items during the mid year break in July or pay the vacation rate fee. Free storage is available, but this is limited.
- All credit card payments (Visa/Mastercard only) incur a 1% additional fee.
- Above rates are inclusive of GST where applicable.