New College O'Week 2013
The 2013 New College Orientation Week was full of fun for the 107 new Freshers (1st year residents) who have joined the community. Here is a snapshot of the week.
- O’Week began on Sunday, 24th February with a welcome lunch for new residents and their families. In the evening the whole community put on their boots, flannies and Akubra hats for a bush dance.
- Bright and early on Monday morning Freshers headed down to Coogee where hot pancakes awaited them for breakfast. During the day College groups prepared for Skit Night.
- New residents introduced to New College staff, the pastoral care team and New College’s team of Academic Tutor, who gave freshers a tour of the uni.
- The New College Christian Fellowship ran a welcome event.
- Indian Cuisine at Milson’s Point.
- Pub Crawl/Lazer Tag.
- Freshers got a fast tour of Sydney Harbour from a jet boat.
- Oldies joined the freshers for a trip on the famous Manly Ferry followed by lunch and a swim at Manly.
- Freshers Formal Dinner.
- New Collegians took over the Sydney CBD for the Public Transport Rally (PT Rally) and managed to feature dancing on Network 7's 'Sunrise' with Mel Doyle and David Koch. (Check out the video below).
- Trivia Night.
- Harbour Cruise.
- Recent alumni of the New College came back for a BBQ with returning Collegians and the new freshers.
- The Commencement College Service for Session 1.
- The first College debate of the year over dinner.
- Group suppers.
This was an exhilarating and exhausting week that the new New Collegians will remember fondly for many years.